Michelle branch - Everywhere
Sunday, March 30, 2008
soul-searching
5:09 PM
I'm going to do some soul-searching. I want to learn more about myself; more than i already know. I want to read up about life, maybe more on self-help books. And it's all about me, like it or not. I'm going to do all this for myself. ME ME ME.

For a start, I've read Wisdom of the Prophet. I bought this book a week ago and only had d time to read it today. Quotes frm The Koran are written in this little book and i had trouble understanding a few quotes. Nevertheless, it was an enriching read. Meaningful and so fulfilling, i had immense satisfaction after reading that 127 quotes altogether. Let me share with you 2 of my favourite lines;

'The worst blindness is straying from the straight path after receiving true guidance.'
'A believer wishes for others what he wishes for himself.'


From that 2 lines, i tried to deduce and reason out the whole idea; of believing and making mistakes. I'm sure all of us are guilty of the first one, doing things when we know it's wrong. And i sometimes wonder why do we still do it?
I can assure you there's a whole lots of reasons why. :)

And reading that little green book, somehow, i realised how ive not done my part as a believer of Islam. Have not done much. Okay this is a sensitive issue, that i dare not touch on. Okay skipppppppppppp!


I'll call this 'Azza's 3 days Soul-searching Operation'.
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Yes, for 3days im going to drown myself in self-help books, inspiring movies/shows, pen down my thoughts and everything about myself and how i feel, what ive done so far and how ive reacted, my attitude, and all about myself. :)

I'm excited! I remember doing a little soul-searching last year before O's and it was good. I've always loved and enjoyed doing things like this! Sometimes you need time for yourself to learn about yourself.

And i feel like removing d tagboard from this blog. Just because.

Hmmmm, i'll mark today Sunday300308 as Day 1.
Right now, im listening to songs; songs that insprie me. Songs that can change my mood instantly. Right now, it's those sad, sappy lovey dovey songs.

Because i want to know how i truly feel... (this is not a complete sentence)



:)
That's all.